Monday, November 16, 2015

Blended Bulletin, Issue 10

Cool Tools

Have you ever heard of Craig Kielburger? I hadn't either until I heard him speak at the conference I recently attended. Let's just say if I had to vote for someone to be president of the world, it would be him. You can read why in his bio that I linked above, but as far as a Cool Tool, his foundation created the app We365. This app encourages kids to participate in service project every day of the year through crowd-sourcing ideas and offering challenges. Students can keep track of their hours to help them build their resumes.

If you assign work through Google Docs and are anything like me, you probably get frustrated when students' typing kills your formatting. My solution was to create boxes for students to respond in and Google Apps guru Alice Keeler offers this tutorial on how to add these boxes to your Doc.

Professional Learning

An important document was released by iNACOL last week: Course Access: Providing Equitable Access to High-Quality Learning Opportunities. In it, they highlight research and recommendations that really hit home for our context and student population.

No comments:

Post a Comment