Sunday, November 22, 2015

CECA CASL 2015 PART TWO!!!

Diana already posted our notes from the conference! SPOILERS.

But I wanted to respond to what I thought as well. 


The sessions I felt were the most useful and intriguing were the ones on Google classroom. I am excited to use them with the Chromebooks. I wish that we had the passwords so that we could be ready so that I could start with small groups and ease into the whole blended learning. But there are some awesome add ons that would be really useful such as one that converts text to speech (and that would be helpful for my students with disabilities and ELLs). 


One thing I wasn't too keen on was the idea of going completely paperless. While I like the idea of not copying any more papers, I think that our students need the support of writing/annotating on the actual text. And I am wondering how some teachers are doing both.


Oh but the keynote speaker was amazing! She had some great quotes that I HAD to write down! The one that spoke to me the most was "We do not have a technology gap, we have a literacy gap."  She spoke about using the technology to address human rights and provide the best teaching to all students as a tool. It was inspiring and had me and Diana talking all day! We are so excited to get started!



1 comment: